• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Poll: Will you Buy a Next Gen Graphics Card or a Present Gen Card?

When will you Buy a new GPU?

• Will Buy now.

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • Will Buy a Next Gen GPU.

Votes: 64 35.0%
  • Will Wait and Compare.

Votes: 105 57.4%

• Total voters
Associate
was waiting till around Christmas or just before anyway to buy a 3080 or 6800xt so providing we get some luck with the 4070-80 at a sensible price then illl go next gen for sure. if not get a bargain 3080
Assuming that the 4000 & 7000 series will have stock and won't be a repeat of the current gen launch.
Otherwise 3000/6000 prices might go back up as people realise they can't get a 4000/7000, as happened with 2000 series prices when 3000 launched.
Had I wanted to I could've got close to original price for my 2080 when the 3080s were like rocking horse ****

If you were waiting until Christmas anyway though, can't see any harm in waiting.

Permabanned
iu

Soldato
650 for the 6800xt though which is better value IMHO
I take it you mean the Gigabyte?

I'm considering that over a 3080 due to the additional Vram - but I understand the bus speed is slower, is that a big factor?

I'm basically thinking of going down this route as a hedge against the 4000 series being unavailable or another 2000 series in terms of value for money. If he 4000 series is worth it, I'd be willing to take a loss on the resale of the 6800XT.

Associate
What made you go for the 3080, out of interest?
Combination of things really, I wanted some of the RT stuff cause I dabble with blender at times. Games less so, but nice to have I suppose.

Also the founders edition design with its pass through fan airflow actually suits the layout of my case much better which is an htpc style case where the air flows from left to right horizontally as you look at the front of it. The FE design fits that perfectly where as the normal cooler setups wouldn’t. The temps are better this way.

Plus at £649 it was in my mind an ok deal after selling the 1080ti I had.

Permabanned
650 for the 6800xt though which is better value IMHO
£200 or less if bought direct from nvidia like last week I just think why wouldn't you for that little difference in price? I mean it's what the difference from waiting another month to afford it at worst? then a month later you might regret not doing it once the initial buzz has worn off and you're used to the 6800xt's performance?
Maybe that's just me but I always regret shiz otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom