Win 8.1 Gaming Optimization

Associate
Hello Overclockers,

Been looking around for optimization guides/tips but there doesn't seem to be much definitive information out there. Baddass's guide up there is talking about 512MB RAM setups so maybe a little outdated?

I've heard conflicting information on a lot of things- unparking CPU cores for example. Can any of you experienced OC'ers shine a light on this or anything else that can optimize a Windows 8.1 system for gaming?

Cheers.

Associate
OP
Hmm. Well I guess that's a good thing right? Assuming it just means that the OS is already running nicely rather than MS just taking options away for the sake of it...

Associate
for me i agree with all above, in xp you used to be able to alter a few bits a gain a few things, but win 8.1 does a lot better with what you have got so it's not worth the effort, mind you saying that there are some different builds out there that save a few resources like the embedded versions etc, which are a lot quicker than standard and have a lot less loaded or installed, but that requires a new licence as well...

so after all that i'd still stick with what you have in the default setup

Back
Top Bottom