Soldato
Hi guys

So I'm building a new PC...
R5 3600 CPU
nVME SSD
X570 Board
RX 5700 GPU

All the newness.

Thing is, I love Win7 and have strong feelings of dislike for Win10, but my friend told me I should bite the bullet and change as Win10 is more 'optimised' for modern tech.
Doing some googling about the subject and it seems that people are saying the machine will basically be crippled going with Win7, so wanted to ask the experience of the fine folk on OCUK.

I don't really care about the stopping of security updates from 2020 onwards for Win7, but if I'm losing performance and will also encounter driver/software issues going forwards, I'd like to know.

What ya think?

Soldato
OP
:(

But Win7 was sooooo good !!!

Damn.... I guess it's time to put the ole girl out to pasture.
After all, Win10 is the final version of windows ever now, right? It's just gonna be updates from here on out, so I guess I'd better get used to it.

Soldato
OP
Thanks everyone for the input.

I guess I'll end up going with Win10 and maybe look into this "Open Shell" thing.

It's just I use Win10 at work and I'm constantly shouting at it (internally) about why some things don't work or why it looks like crap or why things aren't where they were in Win7.

Goodbye Win7, You'll always be in my heart (just like Win2000 was before you) :D

Soldato
OP
So I got my new PC up and running and went with Win10.

Part of me is enjoying the 'new feeling' of tinkering with something unfamiliar.

Nothing overly terrible has happened yet, but just a few bullet points.

* On multiple monitors, I hate clicking a file explorer on one window and having the window open on another. Still, I think Win7 acted the same?
* Unsure why no matter how many times I click update, it's not giving me the option for 1903 (I'm on 1803), kinda weird.
* Hate how folders look like office docs with all that crap underneath 'file' 'home' 'share' etc etc...
* Still haven't edited my start menu to get rid of those stupid tiles. Is there an easy way?

So far so good I guess :)

Back
Top Bottom