Win8.1 rebooting after ram upgrade.

Associate
Hi guys

A long time ago I purchased the ocuk argon i3 overclocked bundle.This has been working very well so I decided to upgrade the memory from 4gb to 8gb.

It was fitted with Corsair XMS 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600Mhz dual channel kit,so I ordered exactly the same memory apart from 2x4GB instead of 2x2GB.

The machine starts up no problem the bios shows the memory fine but win 8.1 just keeps rebooting,I have put the old ram back in and it starts up no problem.

ocuk pre overclocked the bundle from 3.2 upto 4.2 which it runs fine with no problems at all so I am not too sure what settings will be needed to be changed for this ram to work.

Any ideas what I need to do please ?

Associate
OP
Hi mate it is a Gigabyte GA-H55M-UD2H

I have checked and no it is not the latest bios,if I update the bios will I lose the overclock ?

Many thanks for your help.

Caporegime
yes you'll lose it,unless you take pics of every bios page/setting

cant you get into bios at all? with working ram boot into bios and look to see howmuch qpi/vtt voltage is set

you might need more idk

can also try booting with just one ram stick of the new ram installed,see if it boots

Associate
OP
Yes I can get into the bios no problem but when you exit out and and start windows you get to the first win 8 loading screen,it says there your PC ran into a problem and restarts.

I tried installing 1 stick which caused the bios to go wobbly and now I have lost the overclock,so I may try and update the bios and see if that cures it.

When ocuk overclocked it they saved it to the CMOS which I have loaded back in and it seems to be working with my old memory again.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom