Wind deflectors

Soldato
They were really good on my old Yaris without aircon, could have the window open a bit in the rain without getting wet.

I'd only get decent ones like Heko though as the fit is decent with them and it's good quality plastic.

Soldato
Aren't these just chav identifiers? Pretty much every car I see them on has been Halforded in one way or another. I'm guessing they're for the smokers/vapers as most cars with these fitted generally have a plume of smoke being emitted from the window.

Soldato
Kind of unecessary unless you have an older car without air con or climate control IMO.

Maybe useful if you smoke/vape in the car though I guess.

Personally I’ve always thought they look a bit rubbish though ?

Soldato
Got the factory options on my car, never been a fan of the look but they are quite handy for when you want some fresh air without to much wind and rain. Very rare and worth a few quid apparently (jdm yo) so always tempted to take em off before age kills them.

Associate
Had them on a few sports cars I've owned. Never fitted them myself, they came already fitted by a previous owner.
Some of them looked ok, but I can't say they made any difference to wind noise, and we're a little annoying getting in the way sometimes.

Associate
Had them on a few of my cars so can have the windows open when it is raining or on hot days the windows are left cracked open. The previous ones went into the window groove and created a wind noise. The ones on the GTI are stuck to the frame and are silent. Really happy with them and don't care what anyone thinks, they are there for a purpose.

Soldato
I've got them on my DS3 having had them on my previous one. I quite like how they look and they definitely make a difference, I tend to like having my window open in summer though and am fully embracing the chavvy look.

Soldato
My Giulietta came with them on. I didn't really notice when I bought the car. The first thing I did was remove them. I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of them is. I do tend to see them on cars which look like they've crashed into Halfords.

Caporegime
My Giulietta came with them on. I didn't really notice when I bought the car. The first thing I did was remove them. I'm not entirely sure what the purpose of them is. I do tend to see them on cars which look like they've crashed into Halfords.
They provide ventilation without letting rain in or being absolutely blasted by the 70mph draft and are very useful in warmer weather as you can open your window a little when parked and it's hardly noticeable as you walk past.

Back
Top Bottom