Windows 10 & 14th gen.

Soldato
Hey,
Does anyone know if Windows 10 is fine with 14th gen CPUs with their E & P core's?

I read that windows 10 was updated on how to handle these cores effectively but has anyone had issues or is it not as good as window's 11 when it comes to this core handlement.

Ideally I'd like to stick to window's 10.
Cheers

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I don't know about the latest updates, but it is fine for the most part. When it doesn't work, it tends to not work rather badly (like putting all your workload onto the e-cores, oops).

I wouldn't worry about upgrading though, Windows 11 is just 10 with a more annoying user interface.

Last edited:
Soldato
I dislike Windows 11 a lot more than Windows 10, but I think using Windows 11 is the only way to ensure you'll see proper use of the different cores.

I've yet to commit my main machine to Windows 11 yet, but I get the impression that the majority of the interface can be tweaked to return the usability already given in Windows 10.

Last edited:
Associate
When it doesn't work, it tends to not work rather badly (like putting all your workload onto the e-cores, oops.

I think I've had that even on Windows 11, handbrake in the background I think starts to saturate the e-cores, along with whatever lightweight foreground software you were using - so you end up with your foreground task locking up. Yet it never seems to happen if the heavy task is in the foreground. I guess the scheduler is thinking "That's in the background, imma put that on the ecores!".

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the replies :) was weighing up the pros and cons and even though I really dislike the way they're heading with windows 11 in regards to the whole screenshots rubbish that's coming soon etc I've gone and installed 11 pro and it's running rather nippy if I must say.
Just now to disable all the telemetry (or at least what you can).

Back
Top Bottom