Windows 10 Activation On Build From OCUK

Associate
Hi Forum =)

I've posted in Customer Service but wanted to see if anyone had any experience here.

I received my new build from OC today - came within 6 working days of ordering. Fantastic!

However, I moved my old PC aside, plugged this one in, booted up + logged into my Microsoft Account during Windows Setup...booted into windows, it's saying my key can't be activated and that it's been used on another device.

I haven't been prompted for a key at any point. Have I done something wrong here...? Does anyone have an experience of this?

Associate
OP
I should add I did install my WiFi adapter from my old PC, but I thought only the changing of motherboard would hit the realms of new hardware causing W10 activation problems.

The Virtual Assistant sorted me...sorry >.< an odd step to have to do but it's sorted now!

Associate
OP
Did you manage to sort? The troubleshooter alone didn't sort, but I went through the Virtual Assist, which guided me towards activating it by entering a specific code in the process.

Associate
OP
If you search 'Activation' in the search menu that'll take you to the relevant part of Settings.

There should be an option on there to activate, and if it fails, use the Virtual Assistant for help =).

Associate
Yeah i copied and pasted that number across - well it wouldn't let me to be honest
I then tried to enter it manually and it would not accept the number 1?

Thanks make - i am surprised OCUK have not offfered any help to me all day, **** poor really

Back
Top Bottom