Windows 10 / Bluetooth / music control question

Soldato
Wasn't sure if this is the best forum to ask but here goes:

I want to listen to spotify using my bluetooth earphones from my work PC, which doesn't have bluetooth. At the moment I used wired earphones which just get in the way on my desk, and I'm constantly putting them down and forgetting to pause the music when I leave my desk.

My two options are a Bluetooth dongle e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00E86E...TF8&colid=261T7HW41YD61&coliid=I23LDHS2VFJH9W

or a Bluetooth audio receiver/transmitter e.g. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01A59G...lid=261T7HW41YD61&coliid=I3VNF2DUR5G4KU&psc=1

The first is obviously more versatile but I may need to install drivers, which the administrator might not be happy with.

In either option, am I likely be able to use my earphones' inline controls to pause/skip/change colume without having to go to spotify? I would imagine I could with the first option, but not the second?

Soldato
OP
Think I found what I am looking for. I need the bluetooth kit to be AVRCP compliant - found a dongle cheaply and easily enough (which is apparently plug and play on windows 7+). My existing earphone are AVRCP compliant, so finger crossed it all works smoothly when I receive the dongle.

Soldato
My workplace would not let you install blue-tooth devices, since they could also be used for illicitly transferring proprietary data from the network to other devices,
check with admins nonetheless ?

Soldato
OP
My workplace would not let you install blue-tooth devices, since they could also be used for illicitly transferring proprietary data from the network to other devices,
check with admins nonetheless ?

Good point. I don't think we have anything in our policy against using USB sticks, phone data cables, etc, but will ask anyway to be sure.

Back
Top Bottom