Windows 10 creators update PROBLEM

Associate
guys this update refuses to download its stuck at 0% download, its the KB4013214 creators update and its causing my cpu to idle around 50 degrees and shows in the task manager cpu usage at 30-40%, is there any way to cancel to stop this download or do i need to reinstall windows? please help

312utxg.png

Soldato
guys this update refuses to download its stuck at 0% download, its the KB4013214 creators update and its causing my cpu to idle around 50 degrees and shows in the task manager cpu usage at 30-40%, is there any way to cancel to stop this download or do i need to reinstall windows? please help

312utxg.png
What's your network usage in task manager?
Just restart the winuaserv service, run updates again.

Associate
OP
You could update to the Creators Edition manually by going here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

However, I've had nothing but problems since installing Creators Edition, so good luck!

hey Neo thanks a lot for the link, i downloaded the update manually using that link and so far my pc is back to normal, no more high cpu usage!. i would be interested to know what problems youve been having since the creators update though!

What's your network usage in task manager?
Just restart the winuaserv service, run updates again.

thanks for the reply hyperseven, i didnt think to check the network usage in the task manager, and its too late now since the problem is fixed, i did indeed try to to stop and start windows update using the stop/start wuauserv command but it just said "windows update failed to stop". cheers guys! much appreciated!

Soldato
Does anyone know when sms is being added, I don't mean via cortana but via the messenging app?

I did read an article from 2015 saying it was launching that year, and it's now 2017

Associate
i would be interested to know what problems youve been having since the creators update though!

Mostly weird stuff happening when gaming with Game Mode switched on hence I switched it off; a couple of drivers, eg AMD's AHCI driver, also decided to stop working & cause BSODs so I'm using generic ones; & I have issues with being able to 'pin' some programs to the Start Menu (I just get a registry link!). But apart from that, it works fine! :)

Back
Top Bottom