windows 10 fail on Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H

Soldato
I spend lot of hours of why isn't Windows 10 Build 10130 (64 bit) won't install on Intel i7 2700K on my Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H. The clean install just hang and freeze at 4%. I took off the graphic card Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti and use CPU graphic instead - no difference. Try from AHCI to IDE - no difference. Try from SSD to HDD - no difference. Try reduce memory ram from 16GB to 8GB - no difference.

I try to do clean install on my daughter pc computer on Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3 with Intel i7 2600K and Windows was 100% installation completed fine without any issues on both HDD or SSD with same graphic card & memory ram.

So, question is either my motherboard or cpu is not working on Windows 10. Difficult to tell.

Associate
I have that motherboard but a I7 2600k and 16GB Ram,and it installed without any issues. I just created a USB boot drive to install.

Permabanned
How long did you leave it at 4% because i found ugprading to 130 via windows update it would hang at 3% copying files for a good 20 mins for some reason. I just left it and went and did some other things and when i came back it was almost done.

coincidently i have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H

Soldato
OP
How long did you leave it at 4% because i found ugprading to 130 via windows update it would hang at 3% copying files for a good 20 mins for some reason. I just left it and went and did some other things and when i came back it was almost done.

coincidently i have a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD4H

No, it was clean full installation straight from USB bootable (not from windows update on fast option) and now did try straight from DVD bootable. Still the same problem. But, like I say it work well with my daughter pc but not my pc because the problem could be down either my motherboard or my cpu. I cannot get my head round it. The past Windows 7 x64, Windows 8 x64 and Windows 8.1 x64 does working on my pc but not on Windows 10 x64. It's just hang and freeze at 4% on every build of Windows 10.

I think I have to try to take out i7 2600k from my daughter pc and try put onto my motherboard, if it fail the same. Then, my last hope is to try put my motherboard with i7 2700K on my daughter pc see what happen, if it fail. Then seriously....I cannot understand why my pc are the only problem!

I getting very upset if Windows 10 x64 Full Version in July 29th will not run on my pc! But, only on my daughter pc!.

Very strange odd really.

Any tips idea from overclocker staff please?

Soldato
connect your SSD\HHD to your daughters PC and install windows 10 once done transfer the SSD\HDD back to your PC and boot from it and see if that works

Soldato
I spend lot of hours of why isn't Windows 10 Build 10130 (64 bit) won't install on Intel i7 2700K on my Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H. The clean install just hang and freeze at 4%. I took off the graphic card Nvidia GeForce GTX 660 Ti and use CPU graphic instead - no difference. Try from AHCI to IDE - no difference. Try from SSD to HDD - no difference. Try reduce memory ram from 16GB to 8GB - no difference.

Make sure the USB stick is plugged into a USB 2 port.

Soldato
OP
I am going to try to put i7 2600K on my motherboard, if it fail. Then I will try my i7 2700K on my daughter motherboard, if it was successful. then I know finally....my motherboard issues could be from the BIOS with F14.

Associate
If using a USB stick, try connecting it to an onboard port rather than a front panel one. Weirdly my SSD is only detected as a valid install target if I plug the USB drive containing the Windows installer into an onboard port.

Back
Top Bottom