Windows 10 issue with HD3000

Associate
Hi All, having an issue with a laptop which I upgraded to windows 10 regarding the internal display not showing anything (the backlight is on but screen is "black"). It's an MSI CR640 with a i5-2410M and Intel® HD Graphics 3000. BIOS is old (2011) and is at the latest provided by MSI. No other graphics cards in this one. Its a fresh install of windows 10, the screen works fine on the generic ms driver (with reduced performance) but downloading drivers from windows update or from intel causes it to black out the screen. This is the case for 19/05/2016 driver from windows update and the 2015 windows 7/8 driver from intel. The external VGA works fine with the intel drivers installed and can do everything as normal with expected graphics performance. Putting the laptop into sleep mode and then waking it also seems to kick something going and it displays/performs normally on the laptop. It will continue to be normal untill next boot when you then have to put it to sleep and wake it up again.

Normally i'd have given up given the age but since it works when going to sleep and waking it seems to be 99.9% there. For reference i don't think its an issue with the HD3000 or the drivers as such, even though its not offically supported. I have 10+ Dell with i5-2520M's and the HD3000 that are working fine. My feeling is that is a bug/limition with the bios firmware that was probably fixed on all those dell machines given they were supported for a lot longer than this MSI laptop seems to have been. Anyone come across any fixes in driver that i can do to get this going?

Back
Top Bottom