Windows 10 Keys online

Soldato
Bought a cheap key for win 7 on eBay and a few months later it no longer shows as genuine.

Expected really as it was only a few quid but that's the risk you take.

Associate
I recently bought a Windows 10 key online for a new build but when I tried to enter and register it to my name apparently it had already been used.

Keeping an eye on this thread in case someone can suggest a good website to buy from or otherwise and I'll just go with MonkeyMan's idea and buy one from Ebay.

Soldato
I got one from psngames.org for about £8. Took about 48 hours for the key to be sent to me (supposed to be instant - they said they had a technical problem)

Activating it, I had to phone up microsoft. But that was straightforward, and it's been fine ever since (5 months).

Ree

Ree

Associate
got my win 7 pro key from the rainforest over 3 years ago (was pulled from a old dell work computer) and not a single issue, upgraded to win 10 pro recently and been faultless.

Soldato
you'll find a lot of the cheap keys off ebay etc show up as "already used", it was the same with mine. They sent instructions to activate it which basically involves you going through the normal licence key activation (same as if you change the PC Hardware). Once I did that everything was fine. Been running it for years now.

Soldato
its basically this now
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-re-activate-windows-10-after-hardware-change

but when I did it, it wen;t through the trouble shooting and ended up with a long string of numbers and an automated microsoft number where I had to punch in all the numbers then it gave me another long string of numbers to enter on the computer which re activated it, must have replayed the message about 5 times before I got the lot wrote down lol

Associate
Always had trouble with them, even a couple of OEM sealed packs failed to activate (MS even stated the last one was pirated and refused to deal with me even though I have the all the info from where it was bought etc.)
Only buy Retail now, I use 30 day trials for virtualisation when needed.

Back
Top Bottom