Windows 10 not sleeping

Soldato
I have a Crosshair VI Hero with a Samsung 960 Evo.

I sleep my PC as I also use it as a PLEX server. When I sleep the PC and then go to the Xbox One and activate Plex, the PC will turn itself on (Great!)

However I have set the PC to sleep itself after no activity for 1 hour yet it never does and just stays fully on.

Ideas?

Associate
Depending on your plex server setup and transcoding your pc might still be encoding while you are watching a movie....
Try following when you are done watching and when pc does not enter sleep mode.
  • In windows 10 search box type "cmd", right click on cmd on list and run as administrator.
  • Type "powercfg -requests" without qoutes and it should show you which device or file is keeping your pc from going to sleep mode.
  • If its Plexserver then you can override it by using following command "powercfg /requestsoverride process plexme~1.exe system"

Soldato
OP
Depending on your plex server setup and transcoding your pc might still be encoding while you are watching a movie....
Try following when you are done watching and when pc does not enter sleep mode.
  • In windows 10 search box type "cmd", right click on cmd on list and run as administrator.
  • Type "powercfg -requests" without qoutes and it should show you which device or file is keeping your pc from going to sleep mode.
  • If its Plexserver then you can override it by using following command "powercfg /requestsoverride process plexme~1.exe system"

DISPLAY:
None.

SYSTEM:
None.

AWAYMODE:
None.

EXECUTION:
None.

PERFBOOST:
None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:
None.

have the same issue. have you tried putting your pc back into sleep mode as soon as it comes out? mine wont stay in sleep mode sometimes, and sometimes it will. i don't have plex installed so could be unrelated for your issue too?

Soldato
OP
Well I think the issue of it not sleeping is because when Plex wakes the PC it turns the PC on but doesn't "log me in"

So none of the settings get applied? As when I go to the PC I'm greeted with the login screen. Even though I'm the only user with no password.

Back
Top Bottom