Windows 10 Power plan?

Associate
My daughter has done my head in when it comes to keeping the battery healthy on her laptop, so its now time to take charge of how it runs, Which power plan would be best and how long do you have your hard drive on till it sleeps?

Its a HP Laptop so you have High Performance/ Power Save/ HP Recommended

Cheers

Last edited:
Soldato
If Windows is installed to the HDD it will never go to sleep.

High Performance usually stops the CPU from saving power so you don't want that. I'd imagine HP Recommended is the best place to start, then you can tweak the display brightness, display sleep time, system sleep time etc from there.

Associate
OP
Ok thanks, The HP setting seems to shut the hard drive of after 3 minutes of no use,which i think maybe to little time ? Windows is installed to the hard drive.

Soldato
I turn off sleep because it slowly drains the power if its a laptop its its in that mode for a long time.

I customize the settings so its full speed when I'm using it. it will sleep if I'm away for a short time. But if I'm away for a long time its definitely turned off, not sleeping.

Associate
OP
I thought by putting just the hard drive into sleep you would be saving some battery? laptop never goes into sleep mode or hibernate if its not being used then it gets turned off.

Back
Top Bottom