Windows 11 - Increased GPU Temps?

Associate
Gone ahead and pulled the trigger on the win11 update from the insider build since it come out with the release option anyway.

It all works nice and all, but for some reason, I've noticed that my GPU idle temp has gone up from 28c to 35-37c (it's water-cooled) and I cant for the life of me figure out why.

I use afterburner to monitor this, and I keep seeing the memory clock spiking to 9751mhz while the core stays around 210mhz. Is this related to DirectStorage at all? Or am i missing something?

Feel free to ask for any other details, just want to know what the cause is.

Permabanned
I am not seeing this behaviour. I have been running Win 11 for a while and also have a 3080 FE. Currently idling with 210 core, 405 mem and 36 degrees(air cooled)

Check nvidia driver is the latest, be tempted to do a clean install (is a tickbox when you install the driver).
Update Afterburner.
Any other background apps running?

Associate
OP
I am not seeing this behaviour. I have been running Win 11 for a while and also have a 3080 FE. Currently idling with 210 core, 405 mem and 36 degrees(air cooled)

Check nvidia driver is the latest, be tempted to do a clean install (is a tickbox when you install the driver).
Update Afterburner.
Any other background apps running?

I’ve just re-enabled rebar in BIOS, and it seems to have stopped the mem clock spikes. I’m going to run a DDU without internet connection and install a fresh driver see if that fixes it fully.

No background apps using GPU besides Desktop Window Manager

Associate
OP
That sorted it, I think I overlapped the windows drivers and the Nvidia ones on top of each other which must have made some kind of conflict. It’s idling at 30-32c now but I’ll take it.

Back
Top Bottom