Windows 11 Internet issue when doing clean install

Associate
Hi just thought I would share this.
While doing my new build, came up against no Internet so cannot proceeded in a clean windows 11 22h2 version, so after a bit of research it's a common problem, you hit shift + F10 and in the command prompt you type: OOBE\BYPASSNRO and then press enter.
This then let's it bypass the you cannot proceed unless you have Internet connection and just a couple of screens later it should find your network.
Just thought I would share this if anyone else was having issues

Associate
OP
This isn’t just relating to this motherboard it’s something in general that’s happening.

Microsoft is pushing online accounts in favour of local accounts.
Yes sorry I meant to say it was a microsoft issue not the motherboard, it was just that that was the board in my build apologies

Soldato
Had to do this couple days ago as well for a friend's new build, both the LAN and built-in WiFi wasn't being picked up. Oddly enough it was only after I got to the desktop W11 detected the motherboard had preloaded drivers and asked to install the LAN drivers with Asus Armoury Crate.

Associate
This also happened to me on my Acer Aspire A515 laptop when reinstalling W11. Ethernet is required for internet access during the initial installation, as WI-FI is not recognised!

Soldato
If you really want to complete setup with a MS account at OOBE switch to audit mode, CRTL+SHIFT+F3, install WiFi and/or LAN drivers and sysprep back to OOBE.

When in audit mode I install or update all drivers, install Windows updates, sysprep, shutdown and capture an image.

Back
Top Bottom