Windows 11 Monitor coming out of standby

Soldato
Does anyone else have this issue with Windows 11? I’ve set my monitor to go into standby after 3 minutes and it goes into standby after 3 minutes as expected. Then a few minutes later it wakes itself up, then 3 minutes later goes back into standby again and this time stays in standby.

I seem to recall I had similar issue with my old monitor but I never used to let it go into standby. Someone here reporting exactly the same issue…

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/a...tor-wakes-up-by-itself-after-going-to-standby

Try it and see.

Soldato
OP
Well I've got a way to make this better. I've created a text file in notepad with the command...

C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\powershell.exe -command "(Add-Type -MemberDefinition '[DllImport(\"user32.dll\")] public static extern int PostMessage(int a, int b, int c, int d);' -Name f -PassThru):: PostMessage(-1, 0x112, 0xF170, 2)"

Then saved it as a .bat file. I've got it on the desktop, as soon as I double click on it, it puts the monitor in standby. This is better than waiting for it to go into standby after 3 minutes.

It still comes out of standby after a few minutes before going into standby permanently after a further 3 minutes.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I've just left mine on 5 minutes - that seems to work, mostly, occasionally Windows 10/11 will do silly things and wake it up. Sub 5 minutes seems to be problematic sometimes.

Possible there is a conflict of power saving measures going on and the system is going into a different power state after ~5 minutes and hence waking up the monitor for a moment before permanently turning it off.

Last edited:
Associate
Happening to me also, it's driving me nuts, it keeps interrupting the pixel refresh on my oled monitor which it's trying to do in standby. I've narrowed it down to Logitech Ghub, which is waking my screen exactly after 5 minutes of not touching my PC. Uninstalling Ghub solves the problem. I can see online that others reported the issue to Logitech years ago. I've tried everything, including using batch scripts to automatically close Ghub and reopen after coming out of standby, but no success.

Soldato
OP
I've narrowed it down to Logitech Ghub, which is waking my screen exactly after 5 minutes of not touching my PC.
Yeah I’ve got the Logitech Ghub installed. As I say running a batch file to put the monitor into standby is one way to make it go into standby quicker, then it wakes up once and goes to sleep permanently after your set amount of time.

Not perfect but better.

Back
Top Bottom