1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows 7 (64bit) Service Pack 1 problem

Discussion in 'Windows & Other Software' started by sculptor, Sep 15, 2011.

1. sculptor

Hitman

My system is based on a MSI P67A-GD65 motherboard which works fine with Windows 7 (64bit) however if I install Service Pack 1 it stops the network from working.
    If I manually disable and then enable the network it then works. the problem is I have to do this each time I start the machine.
    I have the latest drivers installed.
    Has anyone else with this motherboard had difficulties with Service Pack 1?

Tom :confused:

2. theheyes

Sgarrista

By latest drivers do you mean from the MSI website? If no, try those. If yes, do you get the same problem with the default driver that Windows chooses?

3. marc2003

Capodecina

find out who made the lan port and go directly to them for drivers. it's very unlikely to be MSI themselves. in my experience, mobo manufacturers rarely host the latest drivers on their sites.

4. sculptor

Hitman

Thanks guys,
    I did try installing the latest Realtek driver after installing SP1.
    Ill try it the other way round installing the lan driver first, then SP1, see if that sorts it out.
    Ive upgraded to Cinema4D R13 and just wanted Windows up-to-date before installing it.
    Oh the joys of Windows, to be honest its the first driver conflict Ive come accross.
    Tom :)

5. sculptor

Hitman

Installing the latest network driver first, then SP1, worked.
    I should have thought to update the hardware first after all the years Ive been working with computers, however I guess some of us get caught out now and again.
    Tom :)

6. 3dcandy

Mobster

SP1 doesn't work at all on a laptop of mine, just hangs....never sorted it out, so given up! However, on pretty much everything else it's been fine...