Windows 7 and games

Soldato
Upgraded to Windows 7 and for some reason in all fps games ive got this noticeable and annoying split second delay everytime i shoot which i didn't have in XP.

Yes vsync is off, directx is updated, all other drivers up to date, tried other mice

Any ideas?

Aod

Aod

Soldato
Upgraded to Windows 7 and for some reason in all fps games ive got this noticeable and annoying split second delay everytime i shoot which i didn't have in XP.

Yes vsync is off, directx is updated, all other drivers up to date, tried other mice

Any ideas?

that sounds a lot like a sound problem. make sure you're using the most up-to-date sound drivers.

Soldato
OP
YESSSSSSSSSssssss sorted

Uninstalled X-Fi drivers, unplugged sound card, enabled onboard sound and installed its drivers, now it feels perfect.

But the sound quality is crap compared to X-Fi :<

Aod

Aod

Soldato
YESSSSSSSSSssssss sorted

Uninstalled X-Fi drivers, unplugged sound card, enabled onboard sound and installed its drivers, now it feels perfect.

But the sound quality is crap compared to X-Fi :<
don't worry. creative will release new drivers in about three or four years that will sort out the problem.

Associate
I remember 3 years ago when a couple of gamse came out where the sound was buggy as hell with X-Fi cards, turned out the newest drivers that were released the week couldn't didn't like the codec (prior ones had run fine in the BETA test), that took 18 months before X-Fi cards got updated to accept it again and some are still buggy with other hardware setups :eek:

Of course, in the world of the keyboard warrior it was of course the developers fault that features they had tested worked till the driver update and now didn't work :rolleyes:

If the on board is really that chronic then it might be worth trying to dig up an older sound card 'short term'? The full scale release should see a splurt in better driver/software support, or at least I hope so :D

uv

uv

Soldato
Just try different X-FI drivers - I'm using modded ones on my OEM Music, and haven't noticed any issues whatsoever; the stock Win7 drivers are horrendous though.

Associate
That's nothing. Just wait 'till you try getting Windows 7 working with older classic Starforce games like GTLegends. Enough to pull your hair out - and return your Technet subscription for a full refund ;p)

Glad you got it sorted though tang0.

Madz

Associate
How late? I've been using the RC1 for a while and it has been good so far.

Think I'm still using the Vista x64 drivers at the moment.

Any ideas of what the issues are exactly?

Xonar drivers page said:
The version currently does not support Win7 RTM version. Win7 driver for RTM will be provided in the near future.
Actually it might not be limited to 64bit versions, but from build 7200 onwards (or thereabouts) after installing the Xonar drivers many 32bit applications won't launch. The latest patch file in their Vista downloads fixes this, but they haven't seen fit to include it in the Win 7 drivers or release proper RTM drivers yet.

Back
Top Bottom