Windows 7 - darker at night?

Soldato
Its due to your PC being on low power mode, look on the back of the PSU, there will be a small red slider switch, move this from 240W to 110 as shown here.

psuswitch.jpg

Hope that helps! ;)

*Please do not do this!

Soldato
Its due to your PC being on low power mode, look on the back of the PSU, there will be a small red slider switch, move this from 240W to 110
Haha, i know someone who did that...While his computer was turned on?!!
Needless to say, it didnt stay on for long.
(He was actually very lucky - not only is he still alive, but so is most of his computer - only the PSU died)

Associate
Windows key + R, Type C:, ctrl + A, ctrl + Delete, F5, alt + F4

Its a weird combination but it defrags the bitmap and chkdsks the ramdrive, to reallocate the GPU MOBO BIOS to the HDMI DVI interface water bottle. Fingers crossed it will increase the backlight, but equally it will break everything! :D

[/what not to do!]

Soldato
OP
restarted and it went away. Think its something to do with when i overclock and it resets to default cpu settings. Though Windows 7 had another gimmicky mode past 11pm that dims the monitor or something.

Next time ill try mustard

Soldato
My monitor has been working fine then i restarted a couple of minutes ago and its a lot darker, like the backlight hasnt turned on properly. It did this yesterday too later at night
I think this is normal
as my dell 2405 monitor has aways been darker for first few seconds when i first turn it on...

Soldato
I am too suffering from this, but not at night, usualy first thing in the morning. I come to my PC and the screen is always too dark too read. It does my bloody head in. The only workaround or fix i've found so far is to wiggle the mouse left to right, and back again, and then suddenly it starts to work again. So annoying though

;)

Soldato
The other week I had an issue with the brightness on a laptop that worked fine with XP and Vista. Sometimes it would be ok, but most of the time the screen would default to it's dimmest setting and the slider in power settings was completely broken. The only fix was to update the BIOS.

And no, this isn't one of those joke replies.

Associate
Windows key + R, Type C:, ctrl + A, ctrl + Delete, F5, alt + F4

Its a weird combination but it defrags the bitmap and chkdsks the ramdrive, to reallocate the GPU MOBO BIOS to the HDMI DVI interface water bottle. Fingers crossed it will increase the backlight, but equally it will break everything! :D

[/what not to do!]

I actually burst out laffing that was hilarious haha

Associate
Its due to your PC being on low power mode, look on the back of the PSU, there will be a small red slider switch, move this from 240W to 110

haha! I remember someone at college actually doing that. When the tutor came back into the room he had to try and explain why the room was full of smoke

Soldato
OP
Theheyes - Im using a desktop machine but for some reason the option to turn up brightness by using the fn key on my dads NC10 no longer works (though it does through the menu)

It could possibly be the backligh warming up as to why its dark

Bledd - no at all, i'm now getting on fine with Windows 7, installed again yesterday in about 30 minutes, all drivers and everything. Takes a bit of getting used to but it does seem quicker than XP. I'm suprised it also works with my version of winamp from october 1999

Back
Top Bottom