Windows 7 - final roll-up update?

Soldato
Now that official support for Windows 7 has come to an end, is there a final all-in one roll-up update that can be applied to a fresh install? Or slipstreamed?

Associate
Unlikely, considering that I still had to download a ton of updates before hitting the all in one updates on a fresh winnows 7 install just before support ended, so you're more then likely going to have to download the same updates before being fully up to date (although there are two you have to exclude because all they are is notices relating to the end of support for windows 7).

Soldato
Annoying no final service pack, I have sp1 slipstreamed onto usb windows install, but still needs other updates.
Slipstreaming is useful
How about a custom wim file?
Then not only got all updates
But got all your software and settings
And drivers windows didn't
Have too
I do custom wim file every now
And then as had backup images
Fail before
So custom wim file usb is my
Fallback solution

Soldato
There's the service pack, then there was an update rollup from a couple of years back. That should get you the majority of updates, it's just a case of fighting with the fact that Microsoft never properly finished Windows Update on 7.

Soldato
I remember a couple of years back, a bunch of people rolled up all the updates for XP for an unofficial "Service Pack 4". I have a pack dated for Feb 2019 (which includes extras like Firefox ESR) but searching around seems there are other unofficial packs still being maintained today.

Microsoft will most likely not release a final roll-up update for 7, but I expect some people out there will compile them all into an easy pack.

Back
Top Bottom