Windows 7 Folder Annoyance

Associate
I've got a download folder which contains a mixture of drivers, MP3's, PDFs etc. For some reason I cannot get Windows 7 to display the folder the way I want. All I'm after is to display this folder in an XP 'details' style.

So.. Name Size Type Date Modified at the top.

Using the drop-down box on the right, Details displays the folder as if it only contains MP3s. I get Name Title Contributing artists and Album. No 'modified' column so I can't find my most recent downloads.

Taking the 'Content' option shows the names and last modified options for the files, but then doesn't give you a Date Modifed tab at the top so you can't sort the list to show the most recent additons.

Anyone got suggestions on how to fix this annoying trait?

Soldato
Im at work on XP at the mo, so can see the exact settings, however, right click the folder, select Properties and you should be able to set the content Type, Im guessing this has defaulted to Multimedia or Music instead of Documents?

Associate
That ought to do it. I agree, the so called intelligence that Microsoft has decided Windows 7 needs leaves a lot to be desired. Took me a week to get my music libraries to show Date created and keep it after a reboot. Cant wait for SP1!! ;p

Associate
OP
Aha! I had this folder under my Favourites so it was a shortcut to the original location. Changed the properties type on the target directory of the shortcut and it all works fine. Thank you both.

Back
Top Bottom