• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Windows 7 Gets A DirectX 11.1 Facelift

Permabanned
http://videocardz.com/35891/windows-7-gets-a-directx-111-facelift

*Note: Install this update at your own risk, as it is still considered a Beta Platform Update.
http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=Files&go=cat&dwn_cat_id=21

Microsoft may have just stunned the PC community with their latest available update involving DX 11.1. In a very unprecedented move, Microsoft has released a beta platform update that includes some DX 11.1 benefits for Windows 7 users. This is very unlike Microsoft considering they have always tried to use DirectX as a tool to force gamers into upgrading to their latest OS.

Many XP users were very rattled when Microsoft announced DX 10 would only be available on Vista and newer Operating Systems, leaving XP users out in the cold when it came to DX 10. However we all know how few native DX 10 games we have today, so the upgrade to DX 10 was not very important until recently with games like BF3 or Sleeping Dogs that will only run on Vista and newer platforms (DX10 native games). The same DirectX upgrade fashion was rumored to be true for DX 11.1, however this latest update seems to debunk that Windows 8 myth that so many have heard (techPowerUP). If this does turn out to be true about DX 11.1 and Windows 7/Vista, then I applaud Microsoft for showing their customers they aren’t all about making money.

This is also important due to mixed feelings about Windows 8 and desktop users, as I’m sure many of you know how Gabe Newell feels towards Windows 8 and gaming (Forbes) Many users feel that Windows 8 was designed for mobile devices such as tablets and phones with desktop users as an afterthought, now those users may have access to the latest DirectX without leaving their beloved Windows 7 OS.

DirectX 11.1 may not offer very much in terms of graphics vs. DX 11 or DX 10, but it is nice to see Microsoft showing support for Windows 7 users as Windows 8 is launching.

Associate
i thought they already said they were going to do this? it's basically the features that are supported by 7's older wddm, but not all of them, as far as i was aware.

Permabanned
Hmm i have 8 ready to install too.

I know this is offtopic, but i made a boot usb of windows 7 and it wont boot when i try to.

I cant select it in bios as boot device but i can select it as a harddrive, its very weird!

Before i formatted it i could select to boot from this device but now i cant.

Ive used the official microsoft ISO config to create it but it wont work.

This may be related but i have windows 7 on disc and when i boot from it it will just load to blank desktop and give me no options to install or format my old HDD.

Any help would be good.

Permabanned
make sure you use the windows 7 to usb tool provided from microsoft, go into your boot manager , not the bios and select USB-HDD.

This is what i did, and it wont show the USB, but when i check my HDD via BIOS it shows the USB in there :|

Its really annoying me as i wiped this USB from FAT which i used to watch movies to NTFS to use as Readyboost and a bootable USB for windows 7.

Associate
This is what i did, and it wont show the USB, but when i check my HDD via BIOS it shows the USB in there :|

Its really annoying me as i wiped this USB from FAT which i used to watch movies to NTFS to use as Readyboost and a bootable USB for windows 7.

I had similar problems when trying to make a usb boot for W7 - have you tried the UNetbootin Utility instead?! This was the work around for me.. :)

Caporegime
Sticking with Windows 7 even if this turns out not to be true!

Same here. :)

I find Win 8 ugly and clunky.

Edit-
Monday, November 19, 10:06 AM As Intel announces a CEO transition, Paul Thurrott reports Windows 8 PC sales have missed Microsoft's (MSFT) internal projections. He adds Microsoft is blaming the inability of OEMs to execute, though like others, he thinks that's far from the only culprit, and calls the OS a "Frankenstein’s monster mix of old and new that hides a great desktop upgrade under a crazy Metro front-end." Separately, Newegg says its Windows 8 sales are slow, though notebook demand is beginning to improve.

http://seekingalpha.com/currents/post/673601?source=email_rt_mc_readmore&ifp=0

Well surprise surprise..... will they ever learn?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom