windows 7 internet

Soldato
hi all me bro keeps saying his windows 7 keeps loosing internet well keeps popping up with limited or no internet connection he can fix it for a little while by restarting any ideas please.

cheers all

Associate
This happened to me when I first installed win 7 and then again when I updated Ethernet drivers.
My first fix was to reboot the router but it carried on disconnecting. A couple of reboots later and it was fixed. :confused: :confused:
I didn't do anything other than reboot a few times. Wierd.

Soldato
OP
wireless

he says its not unheard of but there is no fix.

well i dont know i realy dont i will have to go round and have a go i suppose hehe.

its done it on two different routers one belkin other netgear only thing that is the same is the dongle its a g mimo plus belkin.

Soldato
OP
ok just to report he has it working great now all he had to do was uninstall firefox.

he read somewhere that it dont like win7.

Soldato
Firefox stopped working for me I now have it uninstalled.

When it updated to 3.5 it just hung on google. Everyone said it was my addons which is strange as my 2 XP machines at home and my XP machine at work all have the EXACT same addons and firefox runs perfectly on them.

I tried deleting my profile and cache and it fixed the problem for all of 2 minutes until next time I did a google search.

TBH I have limited time at home on the PC and it's just easier to use IE8 than to spend days trying to figure the problem out.

Top Bottom