Windows 7 not booting.

Soldato
Hi guys,

Looked at an HP machine last night that seems stuck in a bit of a loop... it doesn't want to get any further than the MS logo splash screen. After that, I get a black screen and then the HP system restore agent kicks in. System Restore is active but fails from the HP shortcut here, and also from any Windows media I attempt to try.

I've made an image of the drive, but before I flatten and do a fresh install is there anything else I can try? I don't think there's anything too sinister going on, I thought it might be hardware at first. I ran a chkdsk from an old copy of Spotmau I "borrowed" from work, and although it took a while and fixes occurred, I don't think it fixed the root problem. The errors fixed were probably only a result of the repeated forced shutdowns that have been made.

As a foot note, the owner mentioned that the issue started on or around the same time as which some updates were installing.

Any ideas?

Soldato
I think you can get into Windows 7 in Safe Mode but not 100% sure, if you can, try it, if it gets into Windows try deleting any suspicious drivers or software, including updates. If you can flatten it, then it's always the best solution, however.

Back
Top Bottom