Windows 7 Ultimate .Net Framwork 3.5

Soldato
Hey guys,

I am having real trouble trying to get Curse client to work.

It says my .net framework 3.5 is corrupt, i have disabled it in "turn programs on and off" then enabled it in the hope it re-installs to no avail.

Tried to manually download it, it won't install.

Then i managed to somehow delete all .net frameworks from my pc (idiot) so i have none and they are all corrupt so i can't re-install them.

I have a windows CD here, tried repairing and still the same.

Any ideas ? can i copy the stuff from the CD to pc using cmd prompt ?

I really don't want to do a fresh install as i'm getting a new pc soon and its a waste of time !

Thanks

Soldato
is there anything on the HDD apart from windows you cant re install\don't have a backup of?

only takes 20 mins to re install windows so maybe a quicker option to your solution, I would have just formatted by now but that's me lol

Soldato
OP
Yeah a lot of programs and settings which i don't wanna change or lose cos it took me forever to sort out lol

might install windows on another HDD, and copy paste all the files over tbh

Soldato
https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

That guide is about DISM which windows 7 lacks. You can use SFC /Scannow in both windows 7 & 10 but DISM replaces your install files which SFC /scannow relies on.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...er-tool-to-repair-missing-or-corrupted-system

Just re-read the title. I would just get a cheap windows 10 key and tools to combat its spying. I also have some corrupt windows 7 files and I think the last option is to get your windows 7 install media and install windows 7 ontop of its self. You select upgrade, and I remember a quote of "think of it as upgrading from a broken win 7 to a fixed version".

My problem is I can't get the final windows 7 update, the one that broke windows themes due to corrupt system files.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom