Windows 8 install problem

Soldato
Ok, bought Windows 8, downloaded it and told it to remove everything and do a fresh install. Does all it's magic, computer restarts to do the rest of the setup and the screen goes to a small resolution 600x400 or something and the screen is tearing bad. Then monitor turns off because it's not receiving a signal. Tried multiple monitors and tried installing it multiple times. Any help?

Man of Honour
Oh I get ya, I thought you meant after install when it boots for first time.

Have you tried booting from cd/USB if you made it and trying to get into safe mode?

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Last edited:
Soldato
Soldato
Ok, bought Windows 8, downloaded it and told it to remove everything and do a fresh install. Does all it's magic, computer restarts to do the rest of the setup and the screen goes to a small resolution 600x400 or something and the screen is tearing bad. Then monitor turns off because it's not receiving a signal. Tried multiple monitors and tried installing it multiple times. Any help?

Check Video card is set as first priority in BIOS if you got onboard video card as well,I would try installing with VGA cable or DVI/HDMi cable ,see if any of those ones will install.

Back
Top Bottom