Windows 8 Release Date?

Associate
OP
Hi

Consumer preview?

Whats that?

Is it freeley available or just for beta users on their list?

Also, am purchasing my new Gaming rig end of this month once IB is here

Need a new O/S but didnt want to get Windows 7 when windows 8 is just round the corner

Any advise?

Lew

Man of Honour
The main thing I've found is to appreciate that the start button has been replaced with splash screen for all your apps. I looks terribly Androidy but everything else is pretty much the same. I quite like it.

Soldato
The main thing I've found is to appreciate that the start button has been replaced with splash screen for all your apps. I looks terribly Androidy but everything else is pretty much the same. I quite like it.

Ive not been able to try it as iv installed it on my netbook and it keeps saying the screen resolution is too low.

The traditional desktop is there though its just finding a way to make it boot up to the desktop instead of the tiles

Soldato
Personally, in your shoes I would just run the W8 consumer preview until W8 launches. If you don't like it (and really cant just put up with it) then you can always buy Windows 7 afterwards.

I've been running it since the day the CP build was made public. Stability is maybe an 8/10 so far, where Windows 7 is a 9. Other than that, no major problems. I believe XDA-Devs have a program that disables Metro and restores the normal desktop. Might be wrong on this as I don't actually use it, just noticed a few users on XDA mention it.

Associate
release date is between october 2012 to q1 2013 as microsoft wont say when it come out as have to wait until near autumn to see if it ready or not.. just sit and wait as ms team may need some more work to do first.. timeframe is 3-5 years so it depend when it ready.

Back
Top Bottom