Windows 8 Sound stutter?

Soldato
Anyone here getting sound stutter on music and games on Win8? At first I thought it was my Headset but after some testing and updating driver am still getting it.
Its very random stutter like crackling similar to when you plug in speakers that are already switched on.

Am completely lost what I can do now :(

Soldato
OP
Yes, I'm getting that too. Not sure what's causing it though. Could be the drivers.

Are you using an Asus Xonar by any chance?

Yes tried using both on-board and my sound card. I just re-installed the windows 7 drivers now. played some music and one match on Fifa 13 all seemed good.
But the control panel dont work with these on win8

Soldato
OP
My Asus Xonar DX is working fine since I upgraded from 7 to 8,did not even bother with the beta Win8 drivers on Asus website,you could try the new beta drivers on Asus website for your DS card.

Here is the link for beta Win8 x64 DS drivers,http://www.asus.com/Multimedia/Audio_Cards/Xonar_DS/#download

Thanks had them installed. When I did the upgrade I started updating all my drivers to what win8 drivers was out. I just now removed theses back to win7 drivers and so far looking good. Will test more later because this happens very random so its hard to test.

Soldato
Thanks had them installed. When I did the upgrade I started updating all my drivers to what win8 drivers was out. I just now removed theses back to win7 drivers and so far looking good. Will test more later because this happens very random so its hard to test.

When its working fine don't upgrade to beta that's my moto ;) ,as you know it can cause issues after.

Back
Top Bottom