windows 8 upgrade license.

Soldato
OP
Cheers guys. I will give it a go. Seems like too much common sense in a Microsoft license agreement to actually be real :p

Soldato
The transfer has nothing to do with that, as the win8 upgrade isn't pre installed. You can freely transfer windows 8 upgrade.
yeah like I said in the other thread, after looking at it again yes I did misread it

it's if u buy a pc/laptop with windows8 installed u can't transfer it...

Soldato
OP
Just to confirm, works fine! Created an ISO on a DVD, booted from the DVD wiped windows 7 install deleted partition etc etc, allowed me to install windows 8 as a totally clean install all I had to do was phone up activation which was a piece of cake!

Impressive Microsoft!!

Man of Honour
Cheers guys. I will give it a go. Seems like too much common sense in a Microsoft license agreement to actually be real :p

Microsft are making a lot of great choices ATM. Give it a couple of years and people will look back with. Different view. It's happened so many times. XP was a wrote of at launch ;).
They are also making office & xbox music for iOS and android.
I'm also hopping Xbox movies will be ported as well. That would then be the only truly cross platform digital movie service. ATM all three systems have big restrictions.

Soldato
Well i've bought it, after cashback about £21 cant be bad, did a clean install and it auto activated, running pretty sweetly, slowly getting used to the interface but i really like it so far

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom