Windows advantage upgrade

Soldato
Yesterday I bought a windows upgrade to Windows 7 ultimate from a well known online retailer / bookseller which I used on my windows 7 starter netbook.

It was on sale new at low £xx. seemed incredibly cheap. Got the windows key by email and in a few minutes was up and running with ultimate fully activated and working. Key only no disk. HP Compaq netbook.

No issues, just thought I'd notify here.

andy.

Last edited:
Soldato
I would remove any reference to Jungle people and the price. You might as well say who it is!

I am curious as to what features of Ultimate or even Pro that you will use at all, let alone on a netbook. Still, your money! :)

Soldato
it's because "system properties" and "about" pages saying "ultimate" look l33t. :p

but if ultimate is the same price or cheaper than a home premium upgrade, then why not. i don't think anybody wants to be stuck on starter edition.

Soldato
I wasn't saying he shouldn't, and if it was cheaper than HP or whatever then cool. :D

I just see a lot of people on these forums proclaiming their Ultimate l33tness, when they probably use none of the features! :p

Soldato
OP
Ultimate is not really an issue, I have the retail version on my desktop, it cost 5x the price of this though. May use the Bitlocker encryption as a netbook is an easy item to lose or get stolen and I do keep personal information on it. But no I would have bought professional or evem Home premium at the same price if I had not seen this.

Back
Top Bottom