Windows BCD

Associate
Hello all, having a few problems with my samsung r510. After a few crashes which i suspected were due to over heating I tried to boot today to encounter the error: boot/bcd, 0xe00000e9, unexpected I/O error.

As things stand if I try to boot the recovery disk it hangs after loading the files, and if i enter the recovery from bios it gives me the error above. So i have no idea where to go with this having flicked through the bios and encountering nothing out of the norm.

Any help would be greatly appreciated , my partly complete dissertation is on there!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for the quick reply guys. No removable parts as far as im aware but i checked the memory to no avail. Is it possible that if it is a damaged hard drive i can plug into a caddy and retain some data or more likely that i have lost the lot?

Associate
OP
Just a quick update, iv managed to get into the boot options (safe mode etc) but not got any further. Anyone got any ideas on how to recover the data? Oh and this may benefit more in the storage section now?

Associate
OP
Try a linux live cd and copy important stuff to usb.

Cheers for the advice, I'v now booted onto Ubuntu (I like it!) which has reported the disk as having many bad sectors (1465 of a 250GB disk).

Is it possible to tell if that is a lot?

Also, due to my knowledge of Linux being limited, is it best to now hand it over to the professionals for data recover? Im based in Stoke on Trent if anyone has any recommendations?

Associate
OP
thats bad, if the disk will read then you can insert a usb disk now and copy off the important stuff. Then you need to buy a new disk, install windows and then copy it back
It will only acknowledge its presence, it wont let me enter into any of the drives apart from the recovery folder. Iv got a friend who is going to try the gdd rescue route, i will let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom