Windows Licence Question.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I want to reinstall windows on a mates acer laptop but I don't want to use their 'recovery disc' because its full of all the acer junk - the primary reason why I'm reinstalling windows in the first place...

I've got a clean windows vista disc that came with a machine I got rid of a couple of years ago, would this disc work with the license sticker that is attached to the bottom of the laptop? Is there a way to check before I waste my time flattening the laptop :D

I recall trying to do something similar with an xp instal a few years back but the clean disc I used was manufacturer specific and didn't like the license key I gave it!

Thanks.

RJC

RJC

Don
One thing you might need to do is use the telephone option to activate, when I did this on my old laptops in the past it failed the online activation.

Associate
One thing you might need to do is use the telephone option to activate, when I did this on my old laptops in the past it failed the online activation.

Tip - If you're going this route, remember to use the # key to skip a load of the talky stuff and get through to the code entering.

Back
Top Bottom