windows login - forgot password

Permabanned
ok my friend forgot the password to her windows xp account, how can she change it? the only way i can think of is going into another account and deleting it and making a new account.

Associate
As above.
Usually end-users don't set administrator passwords because they rarely format the machine. As administrator you can reset the password to anything you like and she should be able to log back in.
My better half gets her password changed mysteriously every couple of months :rolleyes:

Soldato
You can reset the administrator password using ERD Commander. Its not cheap though, about $1400 :eek: I'm sure there are also solutions based on Linux live CDs and bootable floppys but I can't remember names as it's ages since I used one.

Soldato
-Nick- said:
ok my friend forgot the password to her windows xp account, how can she change it? the only way i can think of is going into another account and deleting it and making a new account.

Is there a second account on the PC?
Is so it's more than likely an Administrator so simply logon with the other account and change the password. No need to delete the broken account.
If it's XP Home then start the PC in safe mode and logon as Administrator (which has a blank password by default) and change the broken account password.

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...s/en-us/windows_password_change.mspx?mfr=true

Back
Top Bottom