"Windows Mail has stopped working"

Soldato
Hi folks,

I use Outlook 2007 for my main email addresses but I like to use Windows Mail as well for any forum subscriptions/notification of replies to threads etc inc the forums here at OcUK. Just prefer keeping everything seperate, makes searching for emails easier. :cool:

Anyway, fired up the PC this morning to check my email and clicked on the Windows Mail icon as per usual but instead of opening, it now throws up this error :-

mail1p.jpg

If I recall correctly, the last time I successfully opened Windows Mail yesterday evening also coincided with it asking me if I wanted to compact my emails, which I did. Not sure if that is just a coincidence or anything but it appears to have stopped working just after that.

Is there a quick fix for this?.

Ta. :)

Soldato
Well, I just performed a System Restore to a few days ago and now Windows Mail is working again. Strange.

What is even more concerning is now CuteFTP has started doing exactly the same thing and exhibiting exactly the same error.

Something not quite right here, I'm off to restart in Safe Mode and perform an AV and Malware scan on all my drives. :(