Windows.old - can't delete?

Soldato
Hey guys,

As above. Since Creator's update I've been unable to remove the remnants of the Windows.old folder on my C: drive. I think I got rid of most of it through Disk Cleanup. I have about 15mb left to clear now :rolleyes:

It's no biggie, just a bit annoying! When I try to delete Windows tells me the folder is still in use.

Ideas?

Associate
As mentioned by bledd, you should be able to fire up disk cleanup and remove the old windows files. Once disk cleanup initialises on screen, there should be a system related button which will then rescan the disk and add the old windows installation files to the list as options to remove.

Man of Honour
As mentioned by bledd, you should be able to fire up disk cleanup and remove the old windows files. Once disk cleanup initialises on screen, there should be a system related button which will then rescan the disk and add the old windows installation files to the list as options to remove.
This, no need for any of this Linux or taking ownership nonsense

Associate

This, no need for any of this Linux or taking ownership nonsense

Need to run as administrator for it to pick up Windows.old

Back
Top Bottom