windows reinstall problems

Associate
hello,

I've decided that my dad's PC requires a complete reinstall after 2 years of being left without any internet security on a broadband connection, pretty much 24 hours a day.

however, it's one of those pre-built ones that comes with a recovery disk (mesh) so i decided to boot from the recovery disk, just go into windows setup and do it all like that.

when i get into the windows setup it tells me that no hard disk is detected so setup has to cancel. i know that the hard disk is detected as i can get into windows if i boot normally. however, it isn't detected in the bios as i think the hard drive detection takes place after the opportunity to enter setup has passed.

so just wondered, does anyone have any idea what's going on? i can post specs if anyone thinks it will help. i know it's running in RAID 1+0 (or 0+1 maybe) but running it without RAID doesn't make any difference. turns out they're maxtor drives as well so i could probably just blame that.

i can't seem to write today - totally drained from work. but any help would be great thanks.

Back
Top Bottom