Windows Sandbox.

APM

APM

Associate
What a great feature.

Does anyone know if MS have plans to add to it's functionality,for example by being able so save images or snapshots of the sandbox before you close it in order to save yourself some work later on?

Cheers.

APM

APM

Associate
OP
I don't know,it would be nice to be able to create a sandbox with a few things installed that you could run as your 'personal' sandbox rather than have to install those apps every time you open a new sandbox,no?

I guess they'll have to later on,the sandbox just demands enhanced functions for me.

Would be less faffing about than creating a VM too.

Permabanned
I don't know,it would be nice to be able to create a sandbox with a few things installed that you could run as your 'personal' sandbox rather than have to install those apps every time you open a new sandbox,no?

I guess they'll have to later on,the sandbox just demands enhanced functions for me.

Would be less faffing about than creating a VM too.

They won't have too later on, anything more than a sandbox as it is now just means it will be a virtual machine and there are plenty products out there even for free that does what a sandbox does but without the extra features. It's not faffing about any more than a virtual machine really as you only get windows 10 within sandbox mode. You can't add different operating systems!

APM

APM

Associate
OP
Let's say I'd be surprised if a bit more functionality is not added at a later date yet then.

Maybe Bill is watching this forum and he knows what he has to do now....

Permabanned
Let's say I'd be surprised if a bit more functionality is not added at a later date yet then.

Maybe Bill is watching this forum and he knows what he has to do now....

Highly doubt it.... Microsoft is doing sandboxing to be able to spin something up and close it (not saving anything there). They not interested in what work gets done inside the sandbox to be saved.

APM

APM

Associate
OP
I've been using sandboxie but I find not all apps perform well with it,vivaldi and iridium browsers for a start.

Hopefully a native MS app could perform better.

Soldato
What a great feature.

Does anyone know if MS have plans to add to it's functionality,for example by being able so save images or snapshots of the sandbox before you close it in order to save yourself some work later on?

Cheers.

No, that's exactly why it's called sandbox. Once you've finished playing in the sand, you wipe it over for the next person. If you want further functionality, you need to enable Hyper-V

APM

APM

Associate
OP
Sandboxie has started working for me properly now.

I can close the browser or shut down the pc and sandboxie remembers my tabs the next time I open up that sandbox,fantastic.

Don't think I had the machine fully updated before and that was why I was missing that functionality.

Back
Top Bottom