Windows Security Crentials NAS Mapping

Associate
I am unsure if this is in the right place, so apologies if it is not.

Known Microsoft Admin Account un/pw. Synology NAS (DS213J). Now running Windows 11 Pro. Previously to the a full PC replacement all was well. I decided to map the drives on the NAS. Using the Synology Drive Client software, I, as before, tried to map drives. Every time I am asked for the Windows Security Credentials they fail. I have tried resetting the network, removing the credentials in CP, and adding a new set. The same un/pw I am using allows me to access my MS account online and the details are the same as those to access the PC from boot. I know the un/pw for the NAS and they work. I have tried removing the need for a pw from Netw Sharing etc but nothing i seem to do gets me further forward. I have just changed my Windows pw and can get into the PC and the MS account online. I removed all attempts/credentials in the Credentials Manager but am now going round in circles. Advice or a pointer would be most welcome.

Cheers

Soldato
Although it's asking for Windows details, it doesn't need them. try the "other" option or "more" can't remember which it is and then you will need to enter the SMB share username and password (synology login). Should be fine after that.

Back
Top Bottom