Windows tablet for a bit of steam?

Associate
Was just thinking the other day that it would be nice to play a few of my steam games on the go as i dont have much time at home to play them so on my daily commute it could be quite nice.
Ive had a quick look on here and only found one thread relatting to something similar a few years ago.
Just wondering now what could i buy to enable myself to be able to play Civ 6 maybe FM 2018 games similar to these to and from work on a windows tablet/ 2 in 1 or would it actually be cheaper to get a netbook/small laptop?
At the moment this is just me speculating as to what options are out there as so I've not set a budget. I know the surface pro will manage it but they are very expensive.

Man of Honour
Give the GPD Win, Win 2 and Pocket 1/2 a look. The 2 variants have a much better spec for gaming but are more expensive.

The 1 variants of each are £300-400 while the 2s go for around £600 - some jokers are trying to flog the 1 variants for £700.

Off the top of my head unfortunately other than the high end Surface devices, etc. don't think there are many 10-14" 2-in-1/tablets that don't thermal throttle horrendously under gaming loads.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom