[Windows XP Updates] Does this exist?

Associate
MS do release an ISO file monthly with all the latest hotfixes if that's what you're after?
So you just download 12 files a year instead of all the individual hotfixes.
I dont have a link right now but I can look it out of this is what you're wanting.

Associate
Understood.

The other thing that springs to mind is Autopatcher. It's not specific to hotfixes though, it also has registry tweaks and some small apps, but you can select what to install so you could just pick the hotfixes and ignore everything else.

Soldato
OP
But can you download the hotfix(es) and put them onto a CD and install from CD onto another PC.

As that is what I am hoping to achieve.

Sorry for not being clear earlier

Associate
I'm afraid I couldn't say, I'm at work so I can't take a look at it.
other than my these suggestions I've not come across what you're after.
The best I could suggest is going and downloading all the monthly ISO hotfix files, opening them, taking the relevent XP ones out (the ISO comes with all 2000, XP and 2003 hotfixes) popping them onto a CD along with a batch file to install them.

Good luck.

Soldato
OP
Nismo said:
http://www.ryanvm.net/msfn/updatepack.html

That site normally has them, but seems to be down for maintenance ATM.

Sorry to bring back an old thread again, but the update pack here seems to have exactly what I want and I was wondering if there was a way to install this update pack if I have windows already installed.

As from what I gather, the update pack there is to integrate into a Windows Installlation CD.

Thanks.

Deleted member 58846

D

Deleted member 58846

What I do is install a clean copy of Windows XP Gold Edition (Windows XP without any service packs), I then install XP SP2 over XP Gold Edition to boost the OS to Windows XP including SP2.

After that I then run the update and download each file manually needed to get the operating system patched up. I then created a batch file of all 50+ updates and created a autorun so the batch file autoruns when the cd is placed into the drive. It auto installs all patches for the system and then reboots giving me a full pathced system in less than 20 mins.

If you need any help you can ask in this thread or visit msfn forums for help on it. Thanks

Here is a few screenshots of the process
Image01
Image02
Image03
Image04

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
If you want to save yourself a bit of time, download Nlite and integrate the Service Packs, and the relevant patches released after SP2 into one ISO file, burn that and let it install.

You can add your own drivers to the installation process, and do tons of other stuff like pick which services you want running, and take away the bits of Windows you don't want (such as the bog standard CD Player application).

Oh, and Nlite integrats with the Ryanvm.net patch so all the updates are already installed and ready to go :)

Associate
cheers for the link to Ryanvm for the patches , but I'm abit unsure how to add them to my windows on my PC . I haven't used this method before . There was a very good file I downloaded from a site last year simply called post_updateHotfixes.exe and it worked brilliantly . You just run the exe file , it created a folder on your hard drive called Hotfixes and unpacked them and installed them one at a time in a DOS box. Put them on loads of PC's without any problems , there was 46 of them but they stopped at Nov 05 and have been unable to find an updated version.Can someone inform me if the Ryanvm ones need to added to a version of XP and create a new install disk .......that's the way I read into it.

Soldato
Yeah I believe RyanVM's patch works when you want to slipstream a Windows XP CD.

If you're after the patches to install on a machine, try the Autopatcher linked given up a few posts. There's supposed to be an all in one July update, but if that's not up yet, you'll have to download April's full update, then update that using May, and June patches.

Hope it helps :)

Soldato
Personally, I prefer to download all my updates via the Windows Update Catalog.

Then you can sort them all into a nice little batch file, each update with the command:
Code:
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\WindowsXP-KB873339-x86-ENU.exe /N /Q /M /Z
obviously replacing WindowsXP-KB873339-x86-ENU.exe with whichever updates you have.

I've just recompiled my list and it includes 64 updates since SP2. They all install silently, no restarts between updates, and all you need to do is set it off and restart when it's finished.

I guess Autopatchers uses this method within a GUI, but I prefer to keep total control over what does and doesn't get installed personally.

It still means downloading all the updates individually, but if you're adminning a few PCs it can save you a bit of time.

Soldato
this_is_gav said:
Personally, I prefer to download all my updates via the Windows Update Catalog.

Then you can sort them all into a nice little batch file, each update with the command:
Code:
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\WindowsXP-KB873339-x86-ENU.exe /N /Q /M /Z
obviously replacing WindowsXP-KB873339-x86-ENU.exe with whichever updates you have.

I've just recompiled my list and it includes 64 updates since SP2. They all install silently, no restarts between updates, and all you need to do is set it off and restart when it's finished.

I guess Autopatchers uses this method within a GUI, but I prefer to keep total control over what does and doesn't get installed personally.

It still means downloading all the updates individually, but if you're adminning a few PCs it can save you a bit of time.

Pretty good method there actually.

Autopatcher does allow you to pick which patches you would like to install also which is pretty handy.

Don
ryanvm pack is WAY better than autopatcher (doesn't contain hotfixes that are superceded by other ones in the pack) but its pre-install only

i remove all w/u components and just manually make a pack each month for all new hotfixes

autopatcher will do what you want, but its not the cleanest tbh, needs a bit of an overhaul

Back
Top Bottom