Windscreen leak, quick fix?

Soldato
Hi.

I had a new winidscreen fitted as part of the MOT when I bought my car and with some of the heavy rain we've had recently I've only just noticed that it leaks.

The leak is only very slight and is located dead centre at the top, which makes water drip down onto the gear stick and run down the inside middle of the screen but only during heavy rain.

Can I do anything to fix this, using particular product or should I take it to a windscreen place, get it fixed properly and get ripped off? :)

Associate
If you take it to a windscreen place they will probably squirt some more sealant in there. You could probably try and get hold of some sealant and do it yourself.

Soldato
OP
I probably should but the dealer won't touch it. To pass its MOT the car also needed a wishbone but garage didn't do the tracking afterward and caused the 2 front tyres which were also new to scrub out within 200 miles. I complained at the time but they refused to accept reponsibility even though it could have caused an accident as they were down to the metal! I had to pay for the new tyres and the tracking to be done. It's opened my eyes and I'll be more careful when buying a car in future.

Back
Top Bottom