Winscreen problem

Associate
Bought a second hand car from a dealer on HP. I have just noticed something I'm not happy with on the top of the windscreen - pictures included (also doesn't look good on the back) I have 3 month warranty with 2 left. What would you do about this, the place I bought it from is 50 miles away, would you take it back for them to sort on the warranty or is it my responsibility and what sort of price would it be to get it resealed?

Front:

3462fq0.jpg

2psiqmw.jpg

11qhitv.jpg

Back:

218nk0.jpg

2vwbx1g.jpg

Thanks.

Caporegime
Hm, i would be surprised if this would be covered under any sort of warranty/even the sales of goods act at 8 years old.

I guess there would be no harm in asking them, if you do want it sorted.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Given the age of the car, asking them to lift and re-fit a windscreen because it doesnt look good on the seals is taking the proverbial.

Unless its leaking, its on your own back.

Man of Honour
It's 8 years old, it's not a brand new car - there will always be some defects like this. Unless you pointed out that you were unhappy at the time of sale, I'm not sure you will have much recourse with them on this one.

Associate
OP
Thank you for your advice. I just wondered whether it was a major fault that would cause leaking, that I never spotted when I bought it because it was wet. I'll obviously keep an eye on it and sort it myself if need be.

New screen will be required to "fix" it.

Ouch!

Soldato
Thank you for your advice. I just wondered whether it was a major fault that would cause leaking, that I never spotted when I bought it because it was wet. I'll obviously keep an eye on it and sort it myself if need be.

Ouch!

Ouch?? All the £50 it's going to cost you...

Back
Top Bottom