Winter is coming... so are the sales?

Soldato
RST have a real problem at the moment with quality control. But I have it on good authority that will change very soon! So in 6 months or so the quality coming out of the factory should be much improved.

Soldato
Weise,alpinestars,spada all decent IMO,depends on budget

I'm put off by rst

Me too, I have had some boots and a jacket from them that were complete tat.

It's all up to luck really. For me, I would never buy Spada again after my boots developed a hole in a place that shouldn't wear (the bolt attaching the toe slider to the boot rusted and caused a hole) and they refused to replace them despite being in warranty, claiming it was normal wear and tear...

My RST jacket and trousers have lasted multiple winters and thousands of miles without even a hint of anything breaking, not even a zip.

Caporegime
I had some spada boots they were OK tbf,not as long lasting as sidi but far better than rst,I did buy them used aswell

Had no complaints from alpinestars jackets either,very long lasting, rst jackets trousers I've never tried them so can't comment,but they can shove their boots

Soldato
I don't have a great track record with fitting heated grips :o May look at some muffs though (giggity) that should be enough just to keep the worst of the chill out of my fingers.

Heated grips are ok, but with summer gloves you'll end with a burning palm and frozen fingertips. Muffs on their own will keep all the windchill off, which is good, but when it's 3-5 degrees you need something yo keep the warmth in your hands. Maybe some heated gloves? You can get battery pack ones so no wiring needed.

Oh and I wear alpinestar boots which are awesome, and furygan leathers/textiles, which again are awesome.

Man of Honour
Heated grips are ok, but with summer gloves you'll end with a burning palm and frozen fingertips. Muffs on their own will keep all the windchill off, which is good, but when it's 3-5 degrees you need something yo keep the warmth in your hands. Maybe some heated gloves? You can get battery pack ones so no wiring needed.

Oh and I wear alpinestar boots which are awesome, and furygan leathers/textiles, which again are awesome.

Got my Furygan Valta winter gloves yesterday and they're spot on good fit, nice warm fleece lining but not massive Michelin man gloves like some other winter ones I've tried.
The real test will be tomorrow mornings commute but I had a quick blast in them this afternoon just to check they were comfortable and I think they'll do the job.

Soldato
Got my Furygan Valta winter gloves yesterday and they're spot on good fit, nice warm fleece lining but not massive Michelin man gloves like some other winter ones I've tried.
The real test will be tomorrow mornings commute but I had a quick blast in them this afternoon just to check they were comfortable and I think they'll do the job.

They look awesome. I recently got Richa Arctic gloves which I'm not sure about. They fit fine, but feel really bulky - those Furygans look better. Maybe I'll get rid of my Richas

Did you get the D3O ones with the knuckles? Would like to hear how they do tomorrow when you try them!

Last edited:
Soldato
We had our end of season sale weekend over the last 2 days, extra discount on top of all existing discounts, and on Saturday our clothing store took in silly money. No idea what they did today as I wasn't in but the Sunday is usually more insane than the Saturday.

Man of Honour
They look awesome. I recently got Richa Arctic gloves which I'm not sure about. They fit fine, but feel really bulky - those Furygans look better. Maybe I'll get rid of my Richas

Did you get the D3O ones with the knuckles? Would like to hear how they do tomorrow when you try them!

Yep that's the ones I got Get Geared have got them with £20 off at the minute. I'll let you know how they stand up to the cold tomorrow.

Man of Honour
Nice looking boots, but I'd hate laces on bike boots.

I can barely bend over in all my gear to do up zips and velcro, never mind doing laces up :p

Back
Top Bottom