Wired Router with 100mb WAN

Associate
OP
Thank you :)

Just looking around and I found it for the price you said but reading on that website, it seems that a lot of people have trouble with it. I will have a think about it though because its a good price.

Anymore suggestions?

Soldato
Don't have one, but have a DI-624 (plain not plus & wireless, which you can always turn-off). Serving me well now for more than a year & bought it second-hand for about £20 :D

Associate
just because it has a 100mbit WAN port does not mean it can route 100mbit of traffic from WAN to LAN. perhaps if you have it in bridged mode it will but not a chance if you plan to use NAT. If you look in the datasheets for routers it should specify the real wan to lan throughput.

Probably the cheapst thing you can do if you really need to route 100mbit of traffic is to get a cheap P3 pc (e.g. dell gx110 for £20) and run pfsense on it.

edit: throughput for the FVS114 is just 11.5mbit

Last edited:
Soldato
Topgun said:
just because it has a 100mbit WAN port does not mean it can route 100mbit of traffic from WAN to LAN. perhaps if you have it in bridged mode it will but not a chance if you plan to use NAT. If you look in the datasheets for routers it should specify the real wan to lan throughput.

Probably the cheapst thing you can do if you really need to route 100mbit of traffic is to get a cheap P3 pc (e.g. dell gx110 for £20) and run pfsense on it.

edit: throughput for the FVS114 is just 11.5mbit

I assume the question has been asked because the OP has (or will have) a 10Mbit ntl/telewest connection.

Associate
OP
Thanks for the replies everyone :)

I am using NTL 10mb as mentioned. If I go wireless as mentioned, what other parts do I need to get for the wireless network to work?

Thank you :)

Back
Top Bottom