Wireless access point required

Associate
Hi all,

I currently have sky fibre broadband installed and the router is located in the front of the house.
However I struggle to pick up the wireless when in the back of the house. Especially when upstairs.

The house does have cat5e points running all around the property, That links back to the cupboard where the router is located.

Can anyone recommend a good wireless access point that will allow me to hard wire into a cat5e point?
Most of the ones I have seen on line appear to be wireless boosters and I'm not sure you can connect them to a network port.

Thanks

Soldato
As above - they're superb. Personally I use the standard AP's as 2.4GHz gives better coverage than 5GHz, a single Unifi AP covers a four bed house and garden/front drive.

Last edited:
Soldato
iv got an Ubiquiti Power AP-N which has worked well for 7+ years. however the newer stuff seems to be hit and miss. best to read up on the Ubiquiti forums before you purchase a lot of unhappy peeps with performance and stability issues.
i believe the orbi is supposed to be the best wifi access point. anything these days with mu-mimo capability is the thing to have.

Soldato
If you go lite make sure you get the newer one if you want to use PoE without an adapter.

Ive got the older version and you need to use the included injector or a passive converter (it's good, it's what I use, but the price of it brings you up to pro territory).

Love mine, be careful though, you'll be dragged into the ecosystem and shineyitis will strike.

Back
Top Bottom