Wireless bridged to wired?

Associate
Hello, I'm waiting for the nintendo Wii to be released and im a bit miffed with the whole wifi thing.

At the moment i have a wired network with a network hub with 2 PC's connected to it. My ntl cable modem is connected to my main computer via usb.

If i bought one of these 'Belkin 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Network Adapter' and connected it to the main PC would i be able to have a wireless connection to a nintendo wii? Also, would it have access to the internet.

I've heard that windows will bridge the 2 networks , but im not really clued up on the wireless side of networking.

cheers

Soldato
It depends how configurable the Wii's wireles client is.

It's technically possible, but probably a pain. It would be better to buy a wireless access point, or better still a wireless cable router. That way the Wii & other PC would be able to use the internet without your PC being on.

Associate
OP
That's part of my problem . I dont really want to spend £50-70 on a router/access point just to go online with the wii. Hopefully nintendo will release a wired network adaptor the same day the wii is released.

Back
Top Bottom