Wireless CarPlay / Android Auto

but most of the reviews are fake and all the real ones say they died after a few months.
yes that's true on amazon quarter of 4.0cl reviews 1 star ,
If it's dispatches from Amazon but sold from China - I thought that still gives you a reasonably secure 2 years of warrantied (with updates?) use, but sold by Amazon would be cast iron.
where else would you buy it ?

I've got the Carlinkit in my 2017 Golf - works well. Takes about 10 seconds to connect - but then works as if wired. The only caveat is the delay in response time, it's only minor but noticeable. I've got used to it now, but worth noting if that's the sort of thing that bothers you.
I've had mine working this week and agree. After the initial set up, where it turns out it doesn't connect if I don't set the resolution manually it seems to work well. I've adjusted the DPI so the size on the screen suits me and the delay is fine now I'm used to it. It's a definite step up being able to use Waze and Plexamp directly on the headunit!

I have a Podofo 10.26" display for wireless android auto in my C30.

Stumbled on this and bought one from ali for £44 delivered (9 days). Arrived today none of my dash is flat so I printed out a ball socket thing and used an old phone air vent mount. Must say Im very very impressed tripley so for the price. Screen is nice, slightly laggy and takes ~ 40 seconds to get from power on to my android auto but massive upgrade for me for £44. Running android auto from my Poco x3 wirelessly perfectly with audio going direct to car via BT. Thanks

I’m looking at adding CarPlay to my E88. Some kits even support MOST, meaning there isn’t a digital to analogue to digital conversion like on some cheaper kits.

About £350 and doesn’t look tricky to install.

I have a CPLAY2air thing I originally bought for my F-Type (~$100 or something a while back) but it was a bit choppy with CarPlay on there and I reverted to wired.

Recently I have been using it in my Golf GTI for the short drive to/from the tube station and it's been great. A tiny bit laggy on response times but not an issue for just continuing the podcast/music I was listening to on the tube

The other day my Motorola one had a bit of an issue when I started the car but it eventually connected, I was quite surprised that I put some petrol in my car then walked into the store with my phone in my pocket to pay and when I returned to the car I was able to continue where I left off in Android Auto.

I would have thought it would need to reconnect but it carried on like nothing had happened.

The other day my Motorola one had a bit of an issue when I started the car but it eventually connected,
Well did some testing, with my phone in my coat pocket it prompts me to start Android Auto then a few seconds later craps out with an Android Auto connection error. With the phone sitting on my passengers car seat it works perfectly.

Strange as I have been using it with my phone in my coat pocket this past month and it’s been pretty stable, cuts out for a second or two at first but once out of the underground car park utterly stable.

I might find that once I’m out of the car park I can put it back in my pocket. Not that it’s any inconvenience leaving it on the car seat.

I am looking to get one of these for my 2015 Audi A1. It does not come with Android Auto or Apple Carplay over wired though. All I have is Bluetooth connectivity. Will this still work? I can't see how it will "override" the Audi software to show the Apple Carplay screen?

I am looking to get one of these for my 2015 Audi A1. It does not come with Android Auto or Apple Carplay over wired though. All I have is Bluetooth connectivity. Will this still work? I can't see how it will "override" the Audi software to show the Apple Carplay screen?
No it won’t you need wired Android Auto or Apple CarPlay for it to work.

OK thanks I will look at finding a place that can retrofit a system for me
What phone do you have, I have an iPhone but my car only supports wired Android Auto. So I bought a Samsung Galaxy A34 and use that with a Motorola MA1 wireless Android Auto adapter. It all works as it should wirelessly but I must have mobile data switched on for Google Assistant to work. I can then do things hands free by saying ”Hey Google” followed by a voice command.

What phone do you have, I have an iPhone but my car only supports wired Android Auto. So I bought a Samsung Galaxy A34 and use that with a Motorola MA1 wireless Android Auto adapter. It all works as it should wirelessly but I must have mobile data switched on for Google Assistant to work. I can then do things hands free by saying ”Hey Google” followed by a voice command.

I have an iPhone 14 Pro Max but like you said I'd need to get a screen replacement or something added to allow Apple Carplay on my car since it does not have any sort of Android Auto or CarPlay

Tried carlink 5.0. Typical Chinese quality of maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. Or maybe works for a short time. In my case, the bluetooth across multiple devices wouldn't connect for more than 2 seconds, then drop. I could barely get to the settings screen. Absolutely trash.

Returned within about 4 hours of buying it.

Bought an AAWireless adapter, which allows AA over carplay so I can get AA full screen in my 2023 WRX until they get the infotainment updated. Been pretty darn good so far past few days.

Last edited:
I might find that once I’m out of the car park I can put it back in my pocket. Not that it’s any inconvenience leaving it on the car seat.
Well I discovered it made no difference whether the phone was in my pocket or not, it still crapped out on me whilst in the underground car park. So my solution is to only turn the head unit on as I’m leaving the car park. Then it’s great.

I guess the majority of people are not parking in underground car parks so have no issues, there must be some kind of interference or something in the car park messing with the WiFi connection between my phone and Motorola MA1 wireless adapter.

Back
Top Bottom