1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wireless connectivity but no internet access :(

Discussion in 'Networks & Internet Connectivity' started by machinist, 30 Apr 2006.

1. machinist

Gangster

As per the subject title.

Got a Netgear WGT624 and the related PCI card in my little girl's PC upstairs. However, she has no internet connectivity even though she has connected perfectly with the router downstairs :confused:

I turned 'Broadcast SSID' off a coupla days ago after hearing some security concerns with leaving it turned on.......that wouldn't cause this would it ?
    Also, the netgear router in my study clearly sees my girl's PC connected.

Any suggestions most welcome.

2. Pho

Sgarrista

Are you using DHCP / a static IP with it? Check the DNS servers are setup correctly. Also try pinging from her machine 82.133.85.65 (which is jolt). If that goes through its likely DNS problems.

3. AMDX23800+

Hitman

Have you gone to the router's page and set up your username and password yet ? Common mistake, people think that you plug it in and it works, it needs to be set up ;) .
    router's page should be something like http://192.168.1.1/
    Try it :)

4. machinist

Gangster

Using DHCP, and have actually manually added my ISP's DNS servers to the router...no luck.
    I know a fair bit about networking, so yes I've logged in to the router and tinkered.

I should mention that this worked a coupla days ago. I think I'll check her settings again.....v.strange