Wireless Game receiver

Associate
Hi All,

Is the official wirless game receiver not availible anymore?

I am about to venture into pc gaming and want to be able to use my 360 controller wirelessly (for some not all games). I dont really want to buy another controller as have two already.

I have found some receivers but they seem to be unofficial and I would rather go official.
I See OCuk has the controller + receiver but could not find the receiver itself.

Any help would be great!

Davey

Associate
I don't think the receiver has ever been sold on it's own? I bought one of those Chinese knockoffs which actually works flawlessly.

Soldato
....... are selling the official one right now from several different stores.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bought an official one a few months back all on its own. I'll be stuffed if I can remember where though, but I do know it was one of the usual suspects when it comes to e-tailers.

edit: your google skills must be failing

Google 'Xbox official wireless receiver' brings up pretty much everything you're looking for

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Bought an official one a few months back all on its own. I'll be stuffed if I can remember where though, but I do know it was one of the usual suspects when it comes to e-tailers.

edit: your google skills must be failing

Google 'Xbox official wireless receiver' brings up pretty much everything you're looking for

So True,

i was calling it something slightly different (god knows what)

but they were all unofficial! this is what i get for doing it in a rush on my lunch.

£17.99 is a lot for a receiver when the pad as well is only ten more on OCuk.

Will do some more online shopping then decide.

LIKELY outcome:

Cheapskate me buys cheap imitation.
Cheap imitation breaks after one month.
End up paying the £28 anyway hahah

Associate
Got an unofficial one that cost about £4 from the bay.. Looks the same as the official and works absolutely perfectly.

Associate
Why not just but the wired 360 controller? Either way, it's worth getting the proper thing rather than a cheap copy in my opinion.

Because it's wired....

Why not a cheap copy? You can buy at least three copies for the price of the genuine version and the copy uses exactly the same software.. In fact it's probably the same hardware.

Soldato
Because it's wired....

Why not a cheap copy? You can buy at least three copies for the price of the genuine version and the copy uses exactly the same software.. In fact it's probably the same hardware.

Nothing wrong with a wired pad. I guess it depends on where it will be used. I use mine in my bedroom so wired suits me fine; if I were using it in the lounge then I would want wireless.

Also the OP is coming from an Xbox and is asking about the 360 pad so clearly he must like that pad. For the sake of £30 I don't see the point in getting a cheap copy which may be as good, but probably wont be.

Associate
Nothing wrong with a wired pad. I guess it depends on where it will be used. I use mine in my bedroom so wired suits me fine; if I were using it in the lounge then I would want wireless.

Also the OP is coming from an Xbox and is asking about the 360 pad so clearly he must like that pad. For the sake of £30 I don't see the point in getting a cheap copy which may be as good, but probably wont be.

Well i mean't using a copy receiver and an official wireless controller which is the same set-up i have and its work flawlessly and it only cost afew pounds with the ebay special receiver and my existing controller.

Each to there own and i'm sure the official receiver is better, i'm struggling to see how though, in this case i think your paying for the M$ name..

Back
Top Bottom